Welcome to this 8th aspect of the spirit of Samson. We have seen that:
- He has God’s calling upon his life
- He tends to be immature
- He thinks he’s right and others are wrong
- He is spiritually blind
- He is passionately intense.
- He has a mega-personality.
- He is deceitful.
As we look at the 10 points that underlie the spirit of Samson, keep in mind:
- they apply to men and women (I will use he/she interchangeably)
- they are not age-restricted and therefore apply to kids, adults, and the elderly
- the traits occur on a continuum of intensity. I have painted them in absolutes for clarification’s sake
- not all traits necessarily apply to each “Samson.”
Samson gets away with things that most people don’t get away with. God protects him in mind-boggling ways, and he survives situations that many others wouldn’t. His story reads like embellished fiction. Even when he suffers or faces incredible hardship, he is resilient and bounces back in remarkable ways.
Samson is a man of prayer, but those prayers are shallow, self-centered, and mainly fox-hole type prayers. Even in his relationship with God he seeks mainly what’s in it for him, so his prayers are for prosperity and deliverance, rarely for adoration or confession.
What has that looked like in your life? How do you see it in the Samson you love?
This series is taken from Napping in Delilah’s Lap- the Pandemic of Pornography in the Pew & the Pulpit. Purchase your signed copy today.