Welcome to this 6th aspect of the spirit of Samson. We have seen that
- He has God’s calling upon his life
- He tends to be immature
- He thinks he’s right and others are wrong
- He is spiritually blind
- He is passionately intense.
As we look at the 10 points that underlie the spirit of Samson, keep in mind:
- they apply to men and women (I will use he/she interchangeably)
- they are not age-restricted and therefore apply to kids, adults, and the elderly
- the traits occur on a continuum of intensity. I have painted them in absolutes for clarification’s sake
- not all traits necessarily apply to each “Samson.”
Samson is a strong and powerful personality. He or she is actually larger than life. She is very influential in numerous circles. Samson easily draws people in. This is noticeable from a young age and carries on throughout life. Based on her magnetic persona, some people absolutely love her and others can’t stand her. She cares little what others think of her. She marches to a different drum.
Who does this aspect make you think of? In what ways is Holy Spirit prodding at your heart regarding you influence over those you impact?
(Your emails are an encouragement to me. I’m so glad this series is blessing you. Please keep them coming. firstname.lastname@example.org.)
2 thoughts on “The Spirit of Samson – tackling self-absorption (#6)”
this is powerful.
i like those aspects about Samson….. He has God’s calling upon his life
He tends to be immature
He thinks he’s right and others are wrong
He is spiritually blind
He is passionately intense.
He was such a gifted man indeed and let it go to waste. I believe we are Samson redeemed and that we can turn things out differently if we heed the warnings. Thank you Evidence.