Gluten-Free Coconut Almond Chia Muffins
I’m learning to cook gluten-free and frequently end up with dry baked goods. I’m not generally crazy about the flavor either, compared to gluten alternatives, this beauty is moist and flavorful! It is packed with protein, healthy oils, and fiber.
1/2 cup Coconut flour *
1/2 cut Almond flour *
1 tsp baking soda
4 Tbs Chia Seeds
1/2 cup honey
1 cup coconut, or other, milk
4 Tbs coconut oil or butter, melted
3 tsp vanilla extract
(* you can use a whole cup of Coconut flour or a whole cup of Almond flour instead of half of each)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Sift the flours and baking powder in a bowl. Mix in Chia seeds
- In a separate bowl or blender, whisk honey, milk, eggs, oil/butter, and vanilla
- Gently stir wet ingredients into dry
- Pour into greased or lined muffin tins, filling 3/4 full
- Bake for 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean
- Remove from tin and cool on rack
- Enjoy as is or with a dollop of yogurt or with ice-cream and/or fruit of choice!
2 thoughts on “Doppelgänger Muffin”
I like to use fruit sauce instead of oil to give moisture. Two that have worked well for me, applesauce, and papaya sauce.
Yum! sounds amazing. That would add to the fiber content too. I would add some good oils coz our bodies need those too 🙂